Winter Jargon Links Home Latest Mailing List Band / Artist Music Gigs Contact

Bandcamp
YouTube
Face muck
Blog
Girl From Winter Jargon
Twitter
Soundcloud
Reverbnation
Reverbnation

latest.winterjargon.com: Bad Cover Versions

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Bad Cover Versions

"Well... I'm afraid that just sounds like a bad cover version of something else..."



I'm pretty sure I've never been into doing cover versions and have always expressed as much.
I say alot of things.
It doesn't mean they are true.
Could you please just hold this for me a second while I shoot myself in the head...?

So while I'm pottering away in the studio recording my album I figured I might pass some time and do some youtube bad cover version requests for fun.  For future reference, every request I do will be added to the following playlist:


The first request (see above) was "True Love Waits" by Radiohead / Thom Yorke. You know? That song from the "I might be wrong" Live E.P?  It was requested by a white haired lady named Becky Jackson.
Some of the more freakier Radiohead / Thom Yorke fans may notice that I went for the "to have you be in peace" line over the "to have your babies" line. Although it's been a long established fact that the latter is the genuine lyric, I can never actually seem to remember this when I'm singing. So...  there you go.

So...  make a request if you must.
I'll sing anything you want.
Challenge me. 

I'll give you the credit. 

Or not.


Labels: , , , ,

G  I  R  L  •  F   O  M   •  W  I   N  T  E  R   J   A  R  G  O  N   •    O  M